I’ve been using the Praxar golf simulation in my first-year management course for four semesters and with over 800 students. The feedback and student engagement with the simulation are always very positive. The simulation provides an easy-to-learn interface for students, but the decisions required by students are appropriately challenging. My favorite aspects of the simulation are that it fully incorporates social and environmental sustainability in a meaningful way and that it requires students to consider multiple areas of the business including accounting, human resources, operations management, and financing.
In the Shoes of an Accounting Intern
This interactive simulation offers your students the opportunity to work as an intern in a rock climbing company. They will apply their knowledge in a virtual and interactive world explicitly designed to introduce the accounting cycle.
The students will be immersed in a concrete and realistic situation that will call upon their understanding of the steps of the accounting cycle and on the knowledge they have acquired in class. A turnkey simulation that definitely enriches a course outline.
The Praxar team will assist you in implementing the simulation so you can reach your teaching objectives and get the desired results.
Discover Praxar Accounting Cycle
Added value for instructors in Accounting classes. If you…
- are looking for an online solution to engage your students;
- want to implement creative and playful teaching methods;
- are looking for tools to apply theoretical learning;
- want to enrich your course outline without getting overwhelmed,
… the Praxar Accounting simulation is for you!
What makes this simulation unique?
THE PEDAGOGICAL APPROACH
- Products and services business – Transactions of a services business and also of goods sales, requiring inventory management.
- The simulation takes place in a virtual world – Students learn the concepts with no regard to the tax rules of a particular location.
- Single or Random Data Set – Students may have the same data set or different data for each of them.
- Individual learning – Each student uses a separate workspace.
- Time required – 4 to 10 hours
- Main activities of the company – Products and services
- Type of inventory – Perpetual inventory or periodic inventory
- Journal entries – General journal only or with subsidiary journals
- For groups of 5 to 500 students.
- Series of formative mini-games – provides access to the different reference tools
- Detailed report on each exercise – Automatic correction and marking
- Summary report of the difficulties your students encountered
- Three-level point and badge system – Enables you to evaluate the quality of the students’ work
An immersive experience that motivates students
Our new platform features a unique approach that engages students regardless of their academic path.
- Multimedia support throughout the learning process.
- Mini-games unlocking access to different reference tools.
- Data entry assistance that allows the student to progress in the simulation without ever being blocked.
Take the challenge, in-class or remotely!
In this highly realistic simulation, the students work as interns in a small business that offers products and services related to rock climbing: The Summit.
Supervised by the company’s accountant, students will participate in all the steps of the accounting cycle, from the recording of transactions to the preparation of year-end financial statements. At the end of their internship, they will have the opportunity to analyze the company’s financial situation.
Simplified integration and technical support at all times
Praxar’s business simulations are unique. They provide professors and students with many perspectives to understand the role of decision-makers in the modern business corporation. We get to make business decisions in real situations and get instant results and excellent feedback. At University, we study production, human resources, organizational behaviour, marketing, and sales in separate classes. In the Praxar simulations, we study every single element of the company, and thus, we get a better educational experience.
The simulation is very real and engaging. I like the information, quizzes, industry reports, and suggestions for improving the students’ learning. But more importantly, students became more engaged and improved their understanding of different aspects of a business.
At Cambrian College, we pride ourselves on rolling up our sleeves and teaching our students “The Trade of Business”. Praxar Simulations help students think critically, develop strategies to apply business concepts in a meaningful way, all while having fun!
Praxar Simulations have not only helped me to bring key business concepts in an applied learning environment but it’s also helped students better understand the interdependency of all functional areas of a business.
From a soft skills perspective, students work in teams, participate in healthy debates. This strategy helps them develop sustainable relationship-building skills, problem-solving skills, and leadership skills. Incorporating a Praxar simulation within a course design will help prepare your students to become more well-rounded business professionals, providing them with a competitive advantage as they enter the workforce.
In today’s dynamic teaching environment, I would highly recommend partnering with Praxar to create a better, more interactive learning experience for your students. The service and support Praxar’s teams of dedicated professionals provide set them apart from other options in the market.
The Praxar simulations are a real added value in my teaching curriculum. They correspond perfectly to the expectations of a teacher in a practical case and allow them to really challenge their students. Moreover, the different simulations allow you to adapt to the level of each class from BTS to Master.
Praxar’s kayak industry simulation has been an excellent addition to my graduate entrepreneurship course. I initially incorporated the simulation as an experiential learning tool to enhance and extend classroom learning and discussion efforts. Beyond serving as an outstanding complement in this regard, I quickly learned that it brought much greater value. Students became markedly more engaged within smaller team settings. The simulation also brought a sense of competitiveness across teams that only served to draw students in further. Students quickly realized that learning required much more than an isolated understanding of key concepts. They realized that success would require developing a more integrated sense of key concepts coupled with practice that leads to proficiency in using concepts to navigate the complexity of entrepreneurial activity.
Beyond the value of the simulation itself, the Praxar support team is simply exceptional. The team vests itself actively in the success of students and instructors with a level of responsiveness in support that is nothing short of rare to find today.